hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: multi-data center support
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 20:23:34 GMT
Since 0.92 you can replicate in a Master-Master fashion if you want,
just set each cluster to be the slave of the other, but it won't work
for counters. The reason is that a counter is a "Put" in the end with
a specific value.

This issue is described here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2804

One way to solve it is to shard your counters, on read you just sum them up.

J-D