hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: region size
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 23:17:41 GMT
No, it's a direct read using a block index which is in memory.

J-D

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Paul Mackles <pmackles@adobe.com> wrote:
> I think the answer to this is "no", but I am hoping someone with more experience can
confirm this… we are on hbase 0.90.4 (from cdh3u2). Some of our storefiles have grown into
the 3-4GB range (we have 100GB max region size). Ignoring compactions, do large storefiles
like this have a negative impact on random reads? We only recently started doing a large number
of random gets so I have no history to go on in terms of correlating storefile size with lackluster
performance for random reads.