hbase-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to run two data nodes on one pc?
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 19:29:07 GMT
You can run two Datanodes on the same machine but it does not prove
much. It is like using two browsers instead of using tabs.

You will have to tween many configuration properties to ensure they do
not overlap on directories or ports.

"By add the other node as a slave" I guess you mean list it twice in
the slaves file. I would just avoid using the slave file all together.

Edward