hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Scan addFamily vs FamilyFilter(EQUAL, ...)
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 04:29:42 GMT
On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Buttler, David <buttler1@llnl.gov> wrote:
> One thing I ran into when using the Scan.addFamily / Scan.addColumn is that those two
methods overwrite each other.  So, if you do Scan.addFamily("a"), and the family contains
qualifiers x, y, and z; and then do Scan.addColumn("a","x"), you will not get the columns
y and z back.  Similarly, if you do a Scan.addColumn("a","x"), and then a Scan.addFamily("a"),
you will get the columns x, y, and z back.

That seems a bit silly.  File a bug David?  We should fix that.
St.Ack