hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Announcing HappyBase, a developer-friendly Python library to interact with HBase
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 19:30:41 GMT
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Wouter Bolsterlee <uws@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Luke Lu schreef op ma 21-05-2012 om 10:38 [-0700]:
>> Looks like it use the legacy thrift interface.
>
> Yes, it does. I might port it to Thrift 2 later, as mentioned in the
> docs: http://readthedocs.org/docs/happybase/en/latest/todo.html
>
>> Stack, do you know
>> anybody using the new thrift2 interface?
>
> It's not in 0.92.x, is it?

It doesn't show up until 0.94.

Ideally we'd use thrift2 going forward but we'd need someone to drive
the transition and ensure thrift2 a superset of thrift1.  Until that
happens, it seems that thrift1 will prevail with folks sending in
patches to add the bits of missing functionality they need.

St.Ack