hbase-user mailing list archives

From Josh Patterson <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: hbase data
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 17:13:27 GMT
unless you need low latency access to all of this time series, it
might be a more cost efficient path to store large archives of the
data in plain HDFS.

The scanning can be done more efficiently in a lot of cases in MapReduce + HDFS.

Some links:

OSCON-data presentation (good TVA story here):

http://www.slideshare.net/jpatanooga/oscon-data-2011-lumberyard

http://www.slideshare.net/cloudera/hadoop-as-the-platform-for-the-smartgrid-at-tva

Engineering Literature:

http://openpdc.codeplex.com/