hbase-user mailing list archives

From Amit Sela <am...@infolinks.com>
Subject HBase 0.94 security configurations
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 15:55:22 GMT
Hi all,

I'm upgrading our cluster with the following versions:
HBase 0.90.2 to 0.94.0
Hadoop 0.20.3 to 1.0.3
zookeeper 3.3.2 to 3.4.3

As a first step, I'm trying to run some tests on my PC and I get a
SecurityException from zookeeper:
SecurityException: java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login
configuration occurred when trying to find JAAS configuration.

>From what I understand, this means that I have to create a JAAS
configuration file and place it in the conf under HBASE_HOME.

First of all, Is there a way to disable the use of the new security feature
- I'm working on a local test cluster for now and I don't really need it...

If I must use a JAAS conf - could anyone elaborate on how to setup
everything: Kerberos KDC, JAAS Configuration file, where to put everything
and anything else I'm missing here.

Thanks.