hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems Loading RegionObserver Coprocessor
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 18:31:59 GMT
> When I restart my HBase cluster the cluster does not ever finish assigning
> META region. In the master's log there are a lot of
> NotServingRegionExceptions: Region is not online: .META.,,1. Other than
> that I can't see any log messages that indicate any specific about loading
> the coprocessor. If I then comment out the coprocessor property in
> hbase-site.xml and restart the cluster, then HBase starts up fine.

In the future, check the regionserver logs. Why is META not able to deploy?

In this case, you should know that Observers installed as system
coprocessors, i.e. by way of site file properties like
hbase.coprocessor.region.classes, are also installed on the META
region. Your code is trying to find a user table via getTable before
META is deployed. That can't work. The exception generated fails the
open of the META region.

Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)