hbase-user mailing list archives

From jack chrispoo <jackchris...@gmail.com>
Subject question on filters
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 00:06:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to HBase and I have a question about using filters. I know that I
can use filters with scan, say scan start-key=key1 & end-key=key2 and with
a SingleColumnValueFilter: columnA=valueA. But in my java program I need to
do filtering on a set of rows which are not contiguous, my client needs to
get all rows with rowid in a set<String> and with columnA=valueA. I don't
know how this can be done efficiently. I can imagine that I can do a scan
of the entire table and set filers rowid=... and columnA=valueA; or I can
use get function to get the rows with rowid in my set all to my client and
do the filtering on my client side. But I think neither way is efficient.
Can anyone give me a hint on this?

Thanks
Yixiao