hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Occasional regionserver crashes following socket errors writing to HDFS
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 18:59:13 GMT
Sigh.

Dave,
I really think you need to think more about the problem.

Think about what a reduce does and then think about what happens in side of HBase.

Then think about which runs faster... a job with two mappers writing the intermediate and
final results in HBase,
or a M/R job that writes its output to HBase.

If you really truly think about the problem, you will start to understand why I say you really
don't want to use a reducer when you're working w HBase.