hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Nguyen <andrew-lists-hb...@ucsfcti.org>
Subject Lease expired, readAndProcess, Scanner lease expired errors
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 23:24:05 GMT
Hey all,

I started getting some LeaseExceptions and after looking at some past threads on here and
digging through the logs, I'm somewhat at a loss to explain what's happening...

Pastebin of snippet of log: http://pastebin.com/NB1GmpHU

I am not seeing any unknown scanner exceptions and saw a post by JD that said a standalone
lease exception is pretty rare.  This is a completely new error so I'm not sure where to begin
debugging so any help is greatly appreciated!

More details: this is a second cluster I've setup (no problems with the first) on homogenous
hardware running CDH3u3.  Due to several issues, this is being run on a 4 slave cluster (each
is a DN, TT, and RS).  Each is a 2x quadcore AMD with 32gb of RAM.  The NN, JT, and hbase
master are on different machine.

Thanks,
Andrew