hbase-user mailing list archives

From Em <mailformailingli...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: HBase (BigTable) many to many with students and courses
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 14:28:07 GMT
Hi,

thanks for your help.
Yes, I know these slides.
However I can not find an answer to how to access such schemas efficiently.
In case of the given schema for students and courses as in those slides,
they say that each column contains the student's id / course's id.
However, when you want to build a GUI, you want to get all the courses
for a given student and display their names.
You *have* the column-names which represent the ids of the courses,
however to get the human readable name of a course, you have to access
the course-table.

I understand the schema, agree with it, but my question was how to
access this data efficiently within an application / how to implement
the needed behaviour efficiently.

Thanks! :)
Em