hbase-user mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Campinas <stephane.campi...@deri.org>
Subject CacheConfig: Why is globalBlockCache static ?
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 12:08:00 GMT
Hi,

I use in my application a HFile as a dictionary, and therefore I have
multiple hfiles.
I would like to know why the reference to the globalBlockCache is static
? Having it static prevents me from using multiple HFiles with the
caching enabled.
Indeed, it seems that a first call to #seekTo() loads a block of hfile1
in the cache. Another call to #seekTo(), but this time on hfile2, fails
to find the key I want.

Is there something I am missing ? Or do I have to use a single hfile ?

Thanks,