hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gregory Alan Bolcer <g...@bolcer.org>
Subject Re: How to run two data nodes on one pc?
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 19:38:01 GMT
You can run in Standalone mode following the quickstart instructions
(google hadoop standalone or hbase standalone).  The other option is
pseudo-distributed mode where it's the same OS uses a different JavaVM.

I agree with Marcos, either you need a commercial virtualization layer
that lets you run double kernels natively (which on a Duo core--which I
doubt has the memory--won't really be that useful) or VMware.

On 5/9/2012 12:11 PM, Michael Segel wrote:
> Too small a machine.
>
> Better question. Why do you want to get 2 nodes on one machine?
>
> On May 9, 2012, at 1:49 PM, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
>
>> Which is your current hardware configuration?
>> 1- One way is to use two VMs in Vmware Workstation, Vmware Server, or Virtualbox,
with similar configuration for these two DNs, but
>> you should have in mind that HBase needs a lot of RAM to work properly, so I don't
recommend to use a single machine to run two DN.

--
greg@bolcer.org, http://bolcer.org, c: +1.714.928.5476