hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kuldeep Chitrakar <kuldeep.chitra...@synechron.com>
Subject Confusing questions ! Hadoop Beginner
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 10:53:17 GMT
I have very basic question regarding Hbase,HDFS and Hive,

If Hbase, HDFS and Hive can be used to store a log data what is best to store data means should
we store it on HDFS or Hbase or Hive. And are there any benefits associated with it.

Also, Do we need to follow any design principal in terms of data modelling as I could not
find anything on this subject.

I am trying to learn Hadoop by implementing clickstream analysis use case.

Thanks,
Kuldeep