hbase-user mailing list archives

From Petri Väänänen <petri.vaana...@valuemotive.com>
Subject HBase export fails due to "RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException: Failed 1 action"
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 07:04:05 GMT
Hi all,

I have tried using the HBase export/import tools to restore backup data
in HBase without a success. The export works with relatively small data
sets, but when there is around 2M rows, the map fails due to
"RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException: Failed 1 action". The problem is
that I cannot find a real cause for this error. The region server just
fails reading from the socket with "IPC Server listener on 60020:
readAndProcess threw exception java.io.IOException: Connection reset by
peer." after a while. I've played around with some of the parameters
like hfile sizes, compression, max tasks, etc. but no improvements. Even
though the exporting fails, all services stay up.

I'm running cdh3u2 on 1 master (namenode,jobtracker,master,zookeeper)
and 3 slaves (tasktracker,datanode,regionserver)

Log snippets
Jobtracker: http://pastebin.com/zRt9Az4w
Regionserver: http://pastebin.com/VHF4hYSp
Zookeeper: http://pastebin.com/H0yS0iSG