hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ey-Chih chow <eyc...@gmail.com>
Subject improve performance of a MapReduce job with HBase input
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 18:03:16 GMT

We have a MapReduce job of which input data is from HBase.  We would like to improve performance
of the job.  According to the HBase book, we can do that by setting scan caching to a number
higher than default.  We use TableInputFormat to read data from the job.  I look at the implementation
of the class.  The class does not set caching when a scan object is created.  Is there anybody
know how to externally set caching for the scan created in TableInputFormat?  Thanks.

Ey-Chih Chow
View raw message