hbase-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Macke <tma...@walmartlabs.com>
Subject Re: HBase with C++
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 14:36:07 GMT
I have some simple C++ thrift codes that create & delete tables, show the
status of all tables in an hbase, a simple delim sep line inserter and
simple scanner.  These are not production codes, but I have craeted
multi-million line tables with them. I can send them to you if you'd like
to see some real thrift examples.

On 4/26/12 7:47 PM, "Srinivas Krishnan" <shrin.krishnan@gmail.com> wrote:

>We are transitioning from a BerkeleyDB+MySQL backend to testing Hbase.
>One of the toughest challenges we are facing is porting the interface
>All our clients were using C/C++ APIs of Berkeley and MySQL to write
>data, is there a standard way to do that for HBase. The current method
>we are exploring is using JNI to interface with the Java connector,
>but its more trouble than it worth.
>Is there a C++ client library for HBase, or is the expected mechanism
>Thrift ?
>One point to mention we have used Avro in the past to serialized some
>data, would that be preferred over Thrift ?

View raw message