hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mikael Sitruk <mikael.sit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HMaster shutdown when a DNS address cannot be solved
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:54:36 GMT
Sorry for the late response, the issue pointed by Suraj seems similar, i'll
try the patch a let you know.

Amandeep sorry for the dev (I still post this issue to dev because of
Stack), i'll pay attention to that next time. Regarding restoring the DNS
is seems to me a wrong solution, I used a FQDNS then i shutdown the servers
change the DNS to have only short name it should be ok. Like it is in the
issue it can be done because of maintenance issues.

Shashwat - the short name are ok (ping, resolving) but the long name not.
The question is why a server try to identify itself with a long name and
not a short name.
In my case, the short name was always used, then one day due to another
cluster we work with, the IT added the long name resolution to both
clusters. i wanted to switch back to shortname, so he removed the long name
resolution from the DNS, and now i have this problem.