hbase-user mailing list archives

From Marco Villalobos <mvillalo...@kineteque.com>
Subject How is reconnection handled?
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2012 01:32:11 GMT
I have this particular use case:

1) HBase not started.
2) A server application that will use HBase stores a configuration a
field, such as:

Configuration configuration = HBaseConfiguration.create();
configuration.set("hbase.zookeeper.quorum", "localhost");

2) The server application is asked to put its data in hbase:

HTable serverAggregationTable = new HTable(configuration, "footable");

3) Connection fails (as expected).
4) start HBase.
5) The server application is asked to put its data in hbase, but fails
because it cannot seem to reconnect.

Error I get is:

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@5235b5e8
closed
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:794)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:782)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.finishSetup(HTable.java:249)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:213)

How am I supposed to get this to reconnect?  It should be
automatically handled for me in my humble opinion.