hbase-user mailing list archives

Subject HBase, CDH3U2, EC2
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 05:12:33 GMT
Hello,

We have a Hadoop cluster running on EC2 with Cloudera's
hadoop-0.20.2-cdh3u2 distribution.  We are now ready to install HBase on
it.  Trying to figure out what's the best way to accomplish this.

We have quite a few machines in the cluster, so installing HBase on each
machine would be time consuming.  But if that's the only way, we can do it
by creating our own RPMs.  Is this document the best resource:
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDHDOC/HBase+Installation#HBaseInstallation-InstallingHBase

Are there ec2 scripts that work with Cloudera's distribution to make this
process easier?

Please help.  Thanks.