hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tomas Tillery <tomastill...@gmail.com>
Subject Scan on compound key
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:00:26 GMT

I have a key composed of two parts, a semi-unique value and the time it was
observed, pipe separated. I need to do scans on the data based on the
value. The value I will be scanning on is always at the front of the string
(I am not searching based on date). So far, I've been using
SubstringComparator, but it has to consider all parts of the key, and takes
a long time for keys that start near the end of the list. Is there a better
filter to use for substring scans at the beginning of the string?

A few keys might look like this:
"example key|2012-01-01 00:01:01.000000001"
"example key|2012-02-01 00:01:01.000000001"

And I would be looking for all keys that matched "example key".