hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A confusion of RegionCoprocessorEnvironment.getReion() method
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:13:07 GMT
Each and every HRegion on a given region server will have it's own
distinct instance of your configured RegionObserver class.
RegionCoprocessorEnvironment.getRegion() returns a reference to the
HRegion containing the current coprocessor instance.

The hierarchy is essentially:

HRegionServer
\_  HRegion
        \_ RegionCoprocessorHost
             \_  <your RegionObserver instance>

(repeated for each HRegion).

This blog post by Mingjie may help explain things a bit more:
https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/coprocessor_introduction

--gh