hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Failing to diagnose errors using HBaseTestingUtility
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 22:17:57 GMT
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Noah Watkins <jayhawk@cs.ucsc.edu> wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2012, at 1:51 PM, Stack wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Noah Watkins <jayhawk@cs.ucsc.edu> wrote:
>>> Could this be a sore point? Perhaps Oracle might behave better?
> I guess not. I'm using the same JVM to run the 0.92.1 release tar ball and don't get
any of these issues when running the tests. Sigh.

If you don't see complaints like the below:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: [Lbyte;
       at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.OpenConverter.makeArrayOrCollectionConverter(OpenConverter.java:344)

when you run hbase unit tests, then something odd about your environment.

Google your exception?  You might get a clue (funny how someone else
has almost always had your problem first).

View raw message