hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: 0.92 and Read/writes not scaling
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 04:06:58 GMT
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM, Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com> wrote:
> If you want to patch on the HBase side, you can edit HLog.java to
> remove the checks for the "sync" method, and have it only call
> "hflush". It's only the compatibility path that caused the problem.

You mean change the order here boss?

  @Override
  public void sync() throws IOException {
    if (this.syncFs != null) {
      try {
       this.syncFs.invoke(this.writer, HLog.NO_ARGS);
      } catch (Exception e) {
        throw new IOException("Reflection", e);
      }
    } else if (this.hflush != null) {
      try {
        this.hflush.invoke(getWriterFSDataOutputStream(), HLog.NO_ARGS);
      } catch (Exception e) {
        throw new IOException("Reflection", e);
      }
    }
  }

Call hflush if its available ahead of syncFs?

Seems like we should get this in all around.  I can do it.

Good stuff,
St.Ack