hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Failing to diagnose errors using HBaseTestingUtility
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 19:51:29 GMT
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Noah Watkins <jayhawk@cs.ucsc.edu> wrote:
> I am working on a project that uses HBase and want to develop my unit tests to use the
HBaseTestingUtility to test without a separate cluster, but I am running into a lot problems
using it. Everything compiles fine, but there my unit tests that try to spin up a cluster
blow up:

Check your classpath.  Looks like jackson is missing (or one of its
supporting jars) going by this I saw in your output:

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.codehaus.jackson.type.JavaType.isFullyTyped()Z

Yes, the master is failing to instantiate because of the above exception.
St.Ack