hbase-user mailing list archives

From yonghu <yongyong...@gmail.com>
Subject Are minor compaction and major compaction different in HBase 0.92?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 06:48:22 GMT
Hello,

My HBase version is 0.92.0. And I find that when I use minor
compaction and major compaction to compact a table, there are no
differences. In the minor compaction, it will remove the deleted cells
and discard the exceeding data versions which should be the task of
major compaction. I wonder if these two compaction can do the same
work, why do we need both?  I mean the minor compaction has already
done the job for major compaction, why we still need major compaction?

Regards!

Yong