hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alex Baranau <alex.barano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How many data versions should I keep in HBase?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:54:25 GMT
Compression applies to the files stored on disks. All versions of a column
are stored the same way (HBase doesn't differentiate them at the time of
writing and they are not placed "near" each other in the file). Given that,
yes you are likely to get the same level of compression (compr. ratio) if
you increase the # of versions to store.

May I ask you what is your business case that requires storing multiple
versions, but at the same time you are never going to access them?

Alex
------
Sematext :: http://blog.sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Hadoop - HBase