hbase-user mailing list archives

From Srinivas Krishnan <shrin.krish...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase with C++
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 02:47:35 GMT
We are transitioning from a BerkeleyDB+MySQL backend to testing Hbase.
One of the toughest challenges we are facing is porting the interface
over.

All our clients were using C/C++ APIs of Berkeley and MySQL to write
data, is there a standard way to do that for HBase. The current method
we are exploring is using JNI to interface with the Java connector,
but its more trouble than it worth.

Is there a C++ client library for HBase, or is the expected mechanism Thrift ?

One point to mention we have used Avro in the past to serialized some
data, would that be preferred over Thrift ?

-sri