hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ian Varley <ivar...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Overwriting qualifiers in an existing table
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 08:35:15 GMT
Map/Reduce jobs are generally the best approach for working with every row in a table. You
can read all about it here:

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#mapreduce

I've never tried doing the specific scenario you're describing, but seems like it should work;
you could change the example in 7.2.2 to Put your new qualifier, and Delete your old one.
Try it, and if you're stumped, post a more detailed question about it here.

Thanks!
Ian