hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Ignatescu, Ionut" <ionig...@amazon.com>
Subject Question about configuring HBase file size
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:37:56 GMT
My use-case: I have several HBase tables in which entries are pushed constantly(300k entries/5min,6-7Gb/day).
I started with tables splitted in 32 regions.
File size is currently set to 1Gb. I'm using this tables to perfom real-time scans via a web
app.
Problem: Sometimes,but pretty frequently tables are frozen and I get scanner timeout exception.I
found in logs that many splits and compactions are performing and I think this are the cause.
If I stop pushing data into tables, are scans are running ok.
Could you provide me some advices to do in order to avoid this problem?

Thanks!

Amazon Development Center (Romania) S.R.L. registered office: 3E Palat Street, floor 2, Iasi,
Iasi County, Iasi 700032, Romania. Registered in Romania. Registration number J22/2621/2005.