hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Beaudreault <bbeaudrea...@hubspot.com>
Subject Re: HBase, CDH3U2, EC2
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 05:27:55 GMT
We use ec2 and cdh as well and have around 80 Hadoop/hbase nodes deployed across a few different
clusters. We use a combination of puppet for package management and fabric scripts for pushing
configs and managing services.

Our base AMI is a pretty bare centos6 install and puppet handles most of the rest after spinning
up. Puppet also worked fine for managing configs, until we started having many clusters with
different setups. That's the point we moved to fabric for that.

There is certainly an investment required for setting this stuff up initially, but it pays
off as you continually need to spin up replacements or new nodes. We can do that with only
a couple minutes of work at this point.

Sent from iPhone.