hbase-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: HBase, CDH3U2, EC2
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:24:30 GMT
Regards, Bryan.
Can you share with us a blog post or simple a message how do you use
this combination of Puppet and Fabric to manage your clusters on EC2?
Best wishes

On 04/26/2012 01:27 AM, Bryan Beaudreault wrote:
> We use ec2 and cdh as well and have around 80 Hadoop/hbase nodes deployed across a few
different clusters. We use a combination of puppet for package management and fabric scripts
for pushing configs and managing services.

> Our base AMI is a pretty bare centos6 install and puppet handles most of the rest after
spinning up. Puppet also worked fine for managing configs, until we started having many clusters
with different setups. That's the point we moved to fabric for that.

> There is certainly an investment required for setting this stuff up initially, but it
pays off as you continually need to spin up replacements or new nodes. We can do that with
only a couple minutes of work at this point.

> Sent from iPhone.

>> Hello,
>>
>> We have a Hadoop cluster running on EC2 with Cloudera's
>> hadoop-0.20.2-cdh3u2 distribution.  We are now ready to install HBase on
>> it.  Trying to figure out what's the best way to accomplish this.
>>
>> We have quite a few machines in the cluster, so installing HBase on each
>> machine would be time consuming.  But if that's the only way, we can do it
>> by creating our own RPMs.  Is this document the best resource:
>> https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDHDOC/HBase+Installation#HBaseInstallation-InstallingHBase
>>
>> Are there ec2 scripts that work with Cloudera's distribution to make this
>> process easier?
>>
>> Please help.  Thanks.
>
> http://www.uci.cu

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda (@marcosluis2186)