hbase-user mailing list archives

From sdnetwork <sdnetw...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase map/reduce questions
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:41:12 GMT

Hello,

I started working with hadoop / HBase and I have a question about the
distribution of map / reduce on a htable through the different nodes of the
cluster.

If I understand the map is subdivided by region (TableInputFormat) and each
map are executed on the node taht containing the region.

But a row is always stored on a single region so if I implements a custom
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.InputFormat  that split a row and one column
family in parameter, the job will be executed on a single node regardless
the number of column qualifier?

if this is true i must change my data schema. or maybe i can manually
distribute the job through the cluster.

I can not find documentation that clearly explains how the map are
distributed across the cluster.
maybe somebody have it ?

thanks in advance.