hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem to Insert the row that i was deleted
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 06:14:03 GMT
Your only chance is to run a major compaction on your table - that will get rid of the delete
marker. Then you can re-add the Put with the same TS.

-- Lars

ps. Rereading my email below... At some point I will learn to proof-read my emails before
I send them full of grammatical errors.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mahdi Negahi <negahi.mahdi@hotmail.com>
To: Hbase <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 10:46 PM
Subject: RE: Problem to Insert the row that i was deleted

thanks for ur sharing

so there is no solution for return back the row ( or cells/columns) ?

> Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 22:39:49 -0700
> From: lhofhansl@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: Problem to Insert the row that i was deleted
> To: user@hbase.apache.org
>
> Rows (or rather cells/columns) are not actually deleted. Instead they are marked for
deletion by a delete marker. The deleted cells are collected during the next major or minor
comaction.

> As long as the marker exist new Put (with thje same timestamp as the existing Put will
affected by the delete marker.
> The delete marker itself will exist until the next major compaction.
>
> This might seems strange, but is actually an important feature of HBase as it allows
operations to be executed in any order with the same end result.

> -- Lars

is not added to the table. I know if I changed the timestamp it will added but it is necessary
to add it with the same timestamp.