hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Storing extremely large size file
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:47:57 GMT
I've stored up to 100MB in cells, but only at the end of a long tail.This is a typical "webtable"
type application.You can get away with it, but only if they are outliers, and you need to
be careful with scan load with those things in the store like icebergs.

For many (most?) use cases, I'd say having individual values larger than a few megabytes mean
you are doing something wrong.

Best regards,

    - Andy