hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Shashwat" <dwivedishash...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: NotServingRegionException in Pseudo-Distributed Mode
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:42:07 GMT
Check out this thread may be this will provide some help :

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hbase-user/201201.mbox/%3CCAHau4ys9
eTj_ek_jP=bnpOVspRraYuyn4FHTD51dGpdGYvynOg@mail.gmail.com%3E
and
http://www.mail-archive.com/hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org/msg01180.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Bing Li [mailto:lblabs@gmail.com]
Sent: 11 April 2012 21:58
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org; user
Subject: NotServingRegionException in Pseudo-Distributed Mode

Dear all,

I got an exception as follows when running HBase. My Hadoop is set up in the
pseudo-distributed mode. The exception happens after the system runs for
about one hour.

The specification of NotServingRegionException says "thrown by a region
server if it is sent a request for a region it is not serving". I cannot
figure out how to solve it in my case.

Could you please help me on this?

Thanks so much!
Bing

     [java]
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException: Failed
14 actions: NotServingRegionException: 14 times, servers with issues:
greatfreeweb:60020,
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.
processBatchCallback(HConnectionManager.java:1641)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.
processBatch(HConnectionManager.java:1409)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.flushCommits(HTable.java:900)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.doPut(HTable.java:777)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.put(HTable.java:760)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTablePool$PooledHTable.put(HTablePool.java:4
02)
     [java]     at
com.greatfree.hbase.NeighborPersister.ReplicateNodeNeighbor(NeighborPersiste
r.java:550)
     [java]     at
com.greatfree.hbase.thread.ReplicateNodeNeighborThread.run(ReplicateNodeNeig
hborThread.java:50)
     [java]     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:11
10)
     [java]     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:6
03)
     [java]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)