hbase-user mailing list archives

From Royston Sellman <royston.sell...@googlemail.com>
Subject RE: Not a host:port issue
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:37:59 GMT
The CLASSPATH(S) are here: http://pastebin.com/wbwEL9Li
Looks to me like the client is 0.95-SNAPSHOT as is our HBase server.
However I just noticed the client is built with ZK 3.4.3 but our ZK server is 3.3.3. Is there
any incompatibility between those versions of ZK? (I'm going to make them the same but that
will take a few minutes :)

Thanks,
Royston

-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack
Sent: 10 April 2012 17:08
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Not a host:port issue

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:58 AM, Royston Sellman <royston.sellman@googlemail.com> wrote:
>  [sshexec] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair:
>  [][][]

We changed how we persist names to zookeeper in 0.92.x.  It used to be a host:port but now
is a ServerName which is host comma port comma startcode and all is prefixed with zk sequenceid.

It looks like your mapreduce job is using an old hbase client.  Is that possible?  Can you
check its CLASSPATH?

St.Ack