hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mahdi Negahi <negahi.ma...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Install hbase on Ubuntu 11.10
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 20:30:51 GMT

Dear All friends

thanks for ur response. I just explain the installation of Hbase steps that I do.

1- download Hbase-0.92.0 and untar it.

2- move it to /usr/lib by this command

sudo mv hbase-0.92.0 /usr/lib

3- open  conf/hbase-site.xml file and put following address on it.

  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>file:///usr/lib/hbase-0.92.0/data</value>
  </property>

4. Open Ubuntu Software Center and search "java" and install OpenJDK Java 7 Runtime

5- open hbase-env.sh and change JAVA_HOME to following address

/usr/lib/jvm/default-java

6- run this command ./bin/start-hbase.sh

7- run this command ./bin/start-hbase.sh

every is ok but when I run this command "list" I see this error :

ERROR: undefined method `map' for nil:NilClass

but other command work well.