hbase-user mailing list archives

From <victor.h...@nokia.com>
Subject Re: Inserting Data from CSV into HBase
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:37:43 GMT
Did you try to add a comma at the end of line? Just to see how it will do?

On Mar 6, 2012, at 5:02 AM, ext Savant, Keshav wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried bulk uploading and it ran well with TSV files, we first ran importtsv and then
completebulkload, after doing these two steps I can scan my HBase table and see the data.
I can also see the data when I traverse HDFS of my Hadoop cluster using web browser.

> But when I try to upload my CSVs in a folder, I get bad lines for all the lines of my
CSV files. I use following command to upload my CSVs on my local file system to HDFS,

> HADOOP_CLASSPATH=`hbase classpath` $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar /hbase_home/hbase-0.92.0/hbase-0.92.0.jar
importtsv  -Dimporttsv.bulk.output=/my_output_dir -Dimporttsv.columns=HBASE_ROW_KEY,SerialNumber,Column1,Column2
my_table file:/my_csv/data.txt '-Dimporttsv.separator=,'

> my csv file is of following format
>
> 1,data11,data12
> 2,data21,data22
> 3,data31,data32
>
> And my HBase table has 3 columns
>

> Please let me know what is the exact problem and how this can be resolved?
>
> Kind regards,
> Keshav

I will get back to you after analyzing the tools suggested by you.
> Thanks again.
>

> Kind regards,
> Keshav C Savant

along the bottom) and also under section "Using the importtsv tool" on Page 460 of Lars George's
"HBase: The Definitive Guide" (O'Reilly).

> Also when you say something didn't work, please also supply any errors you encountered
and the configuration you used. Its hard to help without those.

> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Savant, Keshav <Keshav.C.Savant@fisglobal.com>
wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am looking for a way so that I can map my existing CSV file to HBase table, basically
for each column family I want only one value (just like RDBMS).

>> Just to illustrate more suppose I define a HBase table as
>>
>> create 'inventory', 'item', 'supplier', 'quantity'
>> (here table name is inventory and it has three columns named as item,
>> supplier and quantity)
>>
>> Now I want to load my N number of CSVs in following format into this
>> HBase table
>>
>> Burger,abc confectionary,100
>> Pizza,xyz bakers,50
>>
>> Here I want to put the data of CSV into my inventory table on HBase, the number of
lines in a CSV and even number of CSVs are dynamic, and this will be a continuous process.

>> What I want to know that, do we have any way by which we can achieve above goal,
I tried SampleUploader as specified on http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hbase/trunk/src/examples/mapreduce/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/SampleUploader.java,
but it did not worked and data does not gets populated in HBase table though the program ran
successfully.

>> Please suggest on this, any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Keshav C Savant

>> The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do
not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately.
In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving
and review by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.