hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yermalkar, Sanjay" <syerm...@searshc.com>
Subject Re: SocketTimeoutException upon 'create' command
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 01:01:13 GMT
Just in case somebody else stumbles upon this problem: This was due to the
combination of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3744 and that
there were some table inconsistencies. After fixing the table
inconsistencies, all region servers reported back in time and the
socketimoutexception went away!

On 3/9/12 4:15 PM, "syermalk@searshc.com" <syermalk@searshc.com> wrote:

> More information about this. I found that, the table ultimately does get
> created (or rather 'exists' returns positive) after taking several minutes
> (sometimes more than an hour).
>
> My Hbase version is: 0.90.1-cdh3u0, r, Fri Mar 25 16:10:51 PDT 2011
> Hadoop version is: 0.20.2-cdh3u0
>
> Here's the debug output of the create command from hbase shell:
>
> hbase(main):020:0> create 'st1','cf1'
>
> ERROR: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Call to <server1>/<ip1>:<port1>
> failed on socket timeout exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: 60000
> millis timeout while waiting for channel to be ready for read. ch :
> java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected local=/<ip2)>:<port2>
> remote=<server1>/<ip1>:<port1>]
> Backtrace: HBaseClient.java:802:in
> `org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient.wrapException'
>            HBaseClient.java:775:in
> `org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient.call'
>            HBaseRPC.java:257:in
> `org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC$Invoker.invoke'
>            null:-1:in `$Proxy4.createTable'
>            HBaseAdmin.java:341:in
> `org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.createTableAsync'
>            HBaseAdmin.java:303:in
> `org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.createTable'
>            HBaseAdmin.java:227:in
> `org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.createTable'
>            NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:-2:in
> `sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0'
>            NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39:in
> `sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke'
>            DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25:in
> `sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke'
>            Method.java:597:in `java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke'
>            JavaMethod.java:196:in
> `org.jruby.javasupport.JavaMethod.invokeWithExceptionHandling'
>

> On 3/9/12 1:30 PM, "Sanjay Yermalkar" <Sanjay.Yermalkar@searshc.com> wrote:
>
>> Sentence correction: I could telnet Master RPC port from the ip2.

RPC) from