hbase-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Inserting Data from CSV into HBase
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 13:21:21 GMT
Hi,

You may use the importtsv tool and the bulk-load utilities in HBase to
achieve this fast-and-easy.

This is detailed at http://hbase.apache.org/bulk-loads.html (See
section about importtsv along the bottom) and also under section
"Using the importtsv tool" on Page 460 of Lars George's "HBase: The
Definitive Guide" (O'Reilly).

Also when you say something didn't work, please also supply any errors
you encountered and the configuration you used. Its hard to help
without those.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Savant, Keshav
<Keshav.C.Savant@fisglobal.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am looking for a way so that I can map my existing CSV file to HBase table, basically
for each column family I want only one value (just like RDBMS).

> Just to illustrate more suppose I define a HBase table as
>
> create 'inventory', 'item', 'supplier', 'quantity'
> (here table name is inventory and it has three columns named as item, supplier and quantity)
>
> Now I want to load my N number of CSVs in following format into this HBase table
>
> Burger,abc confectionary,100
> Pizza,xyz bakers,50
>
> Here I want to put the data of CSV into my inventory table on HBase, the number of lines
in a CSV and even number of CSVs are dynamic, and this will be a continuous process.

> What I want to know that, do we have any way by which we can achieve above goal, I tried
SampleUploader as specified on http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hbase/trunk/src/examples/mapreduce/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/SampleUploader.java,
but it did not worked and data does not gets populated in HBase table though the program ran
successfully.

> Please suggest on this, any help is appreciated.
>
> Kind regards,
> Keshav C Savant

> The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not
disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately.
In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving
and review by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.

--
Harsh J