hbase-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Ruchovets <oruchov...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase schema row_key only
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:30:00 GMT
Hi ,

 I  my case  hbase table  has only row key.
 The way I add a record to hbase is:

Put put =  new Put(keyBytes);
 put.add(Bytes.toBytes(familyName) , HConstants.EMPTY_BYTE_ARRAY ,
HConstants.EMPTY_BYTE_ARRAY);

My questions is about internal implementation using row key only table
records.
1) As I understand column family internally represents a file , but in my
case I enter nothing to the column family ( actually I enter empty
qualifier:value pairs).
     I can't find any details about how rowkeys is stores. Any information
about storing rowkeys will be very helpful.
2)   Does  rowkey only table solution scale? Has  this solution any
limitation regarding scans (for example if I want to scan all rows which
rowkey starts with "abc") ?

Thanks in advance.
Oleg.