hbase-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Ruchovets <oruchov...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase cascading integration problem
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:55:21 GMT
Hi ,

   I know that this is more  cascading related issue but may be someone
faced with the same problem or know a another implementation of cascading
hbase Tap which support TableInputFormat.

       I faced with a problem reading from hbase.
       I took https://github.com/taykey/cascading.hbase since this
fork support TableInputFormat.
       it  should  to solve the issue that cascading doesn't  support
new API
       I created subclass of TableInputFormatBase.java (https://
github.com/taykey/cascading.hbase/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/
hadoop/hbase/mapred/TableInputFormatBase.java)

public class CustomTableInputFormat extends TableInputFormatBase
implements JobConfigurable {
   public void configure(JobConf job)  {

       String tableName = "hbase_table1";
       String row = "1000002:2005476:29";
       String cf = "cf";

       HTable exampleTable = null;
       try {
           exampleTable = new HTable(HBaseConfiguration.create(job),
Bytes.toBytes(tableName));
       } catch (IOException e) {
           e.printStackTrace();  //To change body of catch statement
use File | Settings | File Templates.
       }
       // mandatory
       setHTable(exampleTable);
       byte[][] inputColumns = new byte[][]{Bytes.toBytes(cf)};
       // mandatory
       setInputColumns(inputColumns);

       //Filter binaryPrefixFilter = new
RowFilter(CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL  , new
BinaryPrefixComparator(Bytes.toBytes(row)));
       // optional
       //setRowFilter(binaryPrefixFilter);
   }

Using this class I can read from hbase , but I need a Filter
functionality ( last 3  commented lines lines of
CustomTableInputFormat). In case I try to read from hbase using Filter
( if I uncomment binaryPrefixFilter) I got a rows that had to be
filtered out. It is looks like filter didn't get any effect.

Questions:

   1. Does someone succeeded to read from hbase using cascading using
TableInputFormat? I looked thru all forks and didn't find any project
except https://github.com/taykey/cascading.hbase.If yes please share
your experience.
   2. Is CustomTableInputFormat a correct way to define RowFilter?
   3. I am going to debug hbase server . What is the best practice to debug
it? Is it a good Idea to run hbase locally? Which classes , packages
is responsible for configuration , execution Filter on Hbase server.
Thanks in advance.
Oleg.