hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nishant Joshi <nish...@compasslabs.com>
Subject Using HBase export utility with timestamps
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 23:27:19 GMT
I'm experimenting with the export utility to create incremental backups.
(using HBase 0.90.0 which is a little dated but I've used it for full
backups successfully). I run it from the master node (there are 8 region
servers)

Here's the command I used,
hadoop jar /usr/local/hbase-0.90.0/hbase-0.90.0.jar export <table-name>
/path/to/backup/dir 1 1330664037764

Here the last argument is the start timestamp. This job gets 0 records as
input to the mappers, which is unexpected because there is data belonging
to the specified time range in the specified table (I can see it using a
scan from Java code). Is there something (additional arguments etc) that
I'm missing here?

Thanks!