hbase-user mailing list archives

From Neetu Ojha <neetuojha.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating Tables with primary key and foreign key from mysql to Hbae
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 04:35:09 GMT
Hi Jean,

  Thanks A lot for reply, I got your point about HBASE , let me give a
little clear picture of what I am desiring from HBase , If any body is
willing to migrate ones application on Hadoop and at teh same time migrate
Mysql database to Hbase to get the advantage of the Hbase in that case if
migrate Mysql databae or any relational database to Hbase using tools like
sqoop , but as the database in mysql has tables relation's maintained with
foreign key , primary key so what need to be done Hbase side to maintain
the integrity and dependency of one data on the other or its totally a bad
idea to migrate from Relational database to Hbase.

PLease through some light on that if possible.

And I am sure many people must have faced this situation while working
wkith Hadoop, Hbase for first time.

REgards
Neetu