hbase-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase bulk loader doing speculative execution when it set to false in mapred-site.xml
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 21:52:31 GMT
Hi All,

I am using cdh3u2. I ran HBase bulk loading with property
"mapred.reduce.tasks.speculative.execution" set to "false" in
mapred-site.xml. Still, i can see 6 killed task in Bulk Loading job and
after short analysis i realized that these jobs are killed because another
worker node completed the task, hence it means that speculative execution
is still on. Why the HBase Bulk loader is doing speculative execution when
i have set it to false in mapred-site.xml? Please let me know if i am
missing something over here.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta