hbase-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilg...@buffalo.edu>
Subject Re: Bulk loading a CSV file into HBase
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 19:14:43 GMT
Hi Stack,

Yes, the separator argument is sensitive to position in the command.
Currently, it needs to be specified just after program name. The same is
not mentioned in the docs.

I have got two suggestion for fixing this so that other don't run into same
problem:

1. Update the HBase bulk load documentation and specify that separator
argument should be next to program name.
2. Fix the problem in the code itself by handling the separator argument
explicitly. (Still, i am wondering why only separator value is not being
set in jobconf automatically if it is not provided next to program name??)

What's your take?

Thanks,
Anil

--