hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: 0.92 and Read/writes not scaling
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 04:10:18 GMT
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Juhani Connolly
<juhani_connolly@cyberagent.co.jp> wrote:
> Since we haven't heard anything on expected throughput we're downgrading our
> hdfs back to 0.20.2, I'd be curious to hear how other people do with 0.23
> and the throughput they're getting.

We don't have much experience running on 0.23, I think its fair to
say.  It works but not much more than that can be said.  The sync code
path is different in 0.23 than in 0.20.2 and has had less scrutiny
(When you say 0.20.2, you mean CDH?  Which CDH?).  I think its good to
go back.

Regards numbers, its hard to compare workloads but if it helps,
looking at our frontend now, its relatively idle doing between
100-500k hits on 30 machines that are less than yours, less memory,
10k regions, with a workload that is mostly increments

Yes, the errors are relatively few but poke around more if you can.
Why are there errors at all?

View raw message