hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Error when Upgrading from 0.90.x to 0.92.x
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:08:39 GMT
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:13 AM, Jiajun Chen <cjjvictory@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are some regions in transition always, because I hava deleted the
> file of one table by the command, fs -rmr /hbase/nameOfTable .
> How to delete the regions or table ?

You removed the table directory?

You tried disabling the table and then deleting it?

Otherwise, how many regions in this table?  You could try deleting its
entries from .META. explicitly: hbase> deleteall '.META.',
'TABLE_ROW_NAME' (Be careful you don't mess up the rest of your hbase
install).

If still regions in transition, try restarting the master.  It can
keep state in memory and this is only way to get rid of it in
0.90/0.92.

If above doesn't work, come by this list w/ more detail.
St.Ack